Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Tanner



On August 3rd my Sweet Boy Tanner turned 4. He's growing up so fast! He is such a tornado of personality, he keeps things interesting here at the Jarvis house. Like the time he threw all of mommies underwear out on our front lawn.....or "lost" all his potato bug collection in the house....or threw a bug on me in the shower.....or flooded the basement by shoving papers, such as our car titles, birth certificates, bills etc. down the drain and turning on the water full blast......or ran down the street, got lost and told the lady who called the police that his name was Diego.....or peeing in the cat box.....or cutting up our new window screens, my graduation tassle, his daddy's shorts, pictures, bills, his clothes...... or running down the street naked while I was in the shower....or dumping water in my 50lb bucket of sugar, creating 50 lbs of "sugar cement".....or picking my still green tomatoes. There isn't a house child-proof enough to withstand his awesome powers of destruction and energy. He even looks the part of a rapscallion, his face is constantly dirty and his stubborn hair always sticks up! I loose my patience with him at times, but he always makes me feel so guilty because his big blue eyes fill up with the largest tears you've ever seen!















Despite all of his mischief he's such a gentle little soul. He is so loving. He never forgets to tell me he loves me everyday. I always get a hug and a kiss first thing in the morning and last thing before bed. He's also very generous and I'm always getting precious gifts of dandelion flowers, pretty leaves,his last little fruit snack, or his favorite toy car.
He's full of intelligence and curiosity. He always wants to explore the world around him and could be out-of-doors 24/7 year round. He ignores things like TV and reading story books....he'd much rather be out throwing balls, finding insects, or playing in the snow. His favorite times are when we're up camping and he can run, play, and discover to his hearts content. He loves to help out whether it's mommy in the kitchen baking, or taking his own little set of tools out to work with his daddy building things.
He rarely sits still, but he loves to cuddle. It was hard for him to have a baby brother at first, but he's since become so tender with Baby Weston. His special job is to brush the baby's hair after his bath. He always ends this little grooming session with a kiss on Weston's head. He knows how to melt hearts.... everyone who ever babysits him tells me he is such an "angel". He loves his Grandmas and instead of engaging in rough and tumble play with Caeden and Grandpa, he sits on his Grandmas lap for cuddle time instead.












He has the most infectious smile and the biggest bluest eyes framed by impossibly long lashes. He was the sweetest baby. My favorite pictures of him were taken on Easter morning when he was about 8 months old.
He's so full of contradictions. He has a passion for anything associated with pirates and weapons, but he also loves Strawberry Shortcake and Princess stories. It's feels impossible to pin him down, but next thing you know your lap is full of a snuggly, warm, sweet boy. He has such sensitive feelings, he goes from boiling anger, to heartbreaking crying, to complete innocence and charm all in a flash.
We love Tanner and couldn't imagine our household without his laughter, his sense of humour, his sweet spirit, and his big heart! Happy Birthday to my big boy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Car titles and birth certificates down the drain?! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed taking a walk with you down memory lane with my sweet little nephew! Whew! No wonder your tired! LOL

    ReplyDelete