Saturday, November 27, 2010

Halloween (very Belated!)

Am I the only person who shuts down when something overwhelms me? It's one of my biggest faults. You could walk through my house and spot out the areas that overwhelm me because I never do anything about them. Well, the blog is at that point right now. I keep getting behind and then I look at all the pics/stories I need to post and I don't know where to start.

Anyway, point of that tangent is I'm going to try and catch up (again) and that's why I'm posting about Halloween when it's getting into the Christmas season. Better late than never, right?

We had a great year, but we always do. I love Halloween. It's one of my favorite holidays......maybe even my favorite.
Me, the boys, and their Papa & Nana went to do the Witches Scavenger Hunt at Gardner Village. I had never done it before and we loved it! I'm pretty sure it's going to be an annual thing now.....
The annual Jarvis Halloween Party.....
I guess always being a princess gets boring and she had to kick it up a notch.....
No, the big ol' wrap on my finger isn't part of my costume. I decided to cut a big chunk off while preparing dinner and the only way we could get it to stop bleeding was duct tape.....that stuff really is good for everything.....
How cute is grandma?
Weston putting on his cousins thigh-high boots and trying to walk......
I thought this year would be a ruined mess because we got the mother-of-all-rainstorms early in the evening. There wasn't a trick-or-treater to be seen! The boys were done even though they'd only been out for 20 min. They were soaked and wanting to just go get dry. Thankfully the storm eventually cleared out and the kids and their parents came out in force!

We've started a new tradition of setting up a Haunted House in our garage every year. We had such a great turn-out for it this year......I think the word is getting out (yeah!!). Our two teenage nieces, Morgan and Tia, came and helped out this year. They did fantastic and I think they had a great time. It is just too much fun! I was coming down with the stomach flu that night so I didn't even think to get pics, but next year.....

I was a spider web and Weston was my spider.....
The cutest Indian/Harry Potter/ Mountain Man I ever saw......

No comments:

Post a Comment