Monday, September 21, 2009

What happens in Vegas.....um, follows us home.

My oldest brother, married his long-time girlfriend in Las Vegas on Thursday Sept. 7th. We traveled down there to see his wedding and take a mini family vacation at the same time. I've never been to Vegas with kids, it was an interesting experience! They LOVED the M&M factory and Rainforest Cafe. We also took them to the Bellagio fountains, the Mirage volcano show, the T.I. Pirate show, and the Freemont Street Experience. The kids had so much fun, but they were so worn out by the end of the trip. I'm glad the boys are so young, I would have been a lot more worried about having an older son in a place like Las Vegas. Thankfully my boys are so innocent they didn't understand any of the more adult aspects of the city. Caeden thought the slot machines were nothing more than adult arcades (we had to take him to a "kids arcade" at Excalibur cause he was feeling bad that he didn't get to play any of the games). And when Tanner picked up a card off the street that had a naughty picture on it he tried to hand it to me saying "It has a mommy on it, it's a card for mommies.".







The wedding was beautiful and we're so happy for Uncle Don. I loved being able to spend time with my family.....I can't remember the last time we were all together. Weston got to even meet his Aunt Tonya for the very first time.







On the ride home the boys were absolute monsters. They were over-tired and fought, screamed and whined most of the way. Tanner decided to punch Caeden in the face and as a result Caeden had a gusher of a bloody nose. We were in the middle of nowhere and only had a small handful of Kleenex....the solution? A diaper. He was so mad when we took a picture of it! Now I need a vacation to recover from my vacation!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my. Life with boys. Love the family pic on the bridge!!

    ReplyDelete