Monday, March 8, 2010

4 Going on 14

Don't you ever wish that you could strike fear in the heart of your child? I know that's not a very Christ-like mothering sentiment, BUT.......

Here's the conversation at breakfast this morning......

Tanner: Mom, I'm hungry
Me: Want oatmeal?
Tanner: Yes, but make it fast Stupid.

Excuse me???!!!

(and, no, he didn't get away with talking to me like that, I didn't get his oatmeal and he had to go to his room, but it is Tanner and he loves to push buttons so I'm sure that's not the last time I will be referred to as Stupid....grrrr)

We've noticed a lot of attitude from Caeden lately as well. Depending on the severity of the offense we send them to their rooms, take away privileges, or ground them, but I'm not sure if we're making any progress. I really don't see us as "doormat" parents, but this is becoming a real issue in our house. Any non-illegal suggestions for dealing with disrespect and backtalk?

2 comments:

  1. I've been taking bakugans away and he has to earn them back. It's not exciting but it has been working for me. Sorry your having such a rough morning:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing that won't get DCFS called in! :-) Sorry. You are amazing though.

    ReplyDelete