Sunday, September 26, 2010

Happy Retirement Daddy!

I think my dad has been talking about his retirement for the last 10 years. All that waiting and planning has finally paid off because this July he got to retire! We wanted to do a special friend and family party for him, but trying to pin him down long enough to put something together was a challenge! I don't think he's going to be using much of his new found freedom to stay at home and relax! It was a suprise and we had a great turnout of friends and family.



I wish I would have had the time to take more pictures, but I didn't. We had a Safari theme and I had hung large green paper leaves and animal print balloons all over the house. We also had signs with sayings like "300 Miles to Zumbawi", "Do Not Feed The Monkeys", "Warning: Elephant Crossing". The house looked pretty cute!



The kids favorite part was the cake (I know, big suprise).....







You can't tell, but Mike and I are in Safari getup........



Cherie and her beautiful girls.......



Jeff, my brother, and Nicole......



My great Aunt Linda & Uncle Ross......


My great Aunt Sharon & Quinn.....


The guest of honor and his lovely wife.....



I know this is something he's looked forward to for a long time and I'm so happy for him!






Everyone made a guess as to what he would do with all his free time during retirement. Some of the suggestions were:


Get a tattoo and wear a muscle shirt - Mike


Start a daycare for delinquent children - Tanner's idea....with some help from mom


Spend more time with your Aunt Linda -Linda


Spend lots of time with your grandkids - Ross


Travel the world, discover a new bird and name it after yourself: The red-tailed, blue featheres, dumb-dumb bird - Shauna


Take bongo drum lessons -Jeff
Sleep over at my house. Watch Pokemon with me. Play Pokemon cards with me - Caeden
Spend as much time with kids and grandkids as possible. Aside from that, skydiving, bunge-jump, and paintballing. And maybe some much needed rest and time with your beautiful wife. -Kimber
Do a triatholon. Take some cookies classes and then invite us over for dinner. Try belly dancing. Your Favorite Daughter - Cherie

Do nothing - ?
See the world - ?

No comments:

Post a Comment