Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Blog Update.....

There's a reason I haven't blogged in 6 months....it coincides with a church calling that was extended at about the same time. I left the bishops office in tears. I was overwhelmed, scared, and feeling horribly inadequate. I was called to be our ward's Young Women's President.
It's a good thing the Lord knows me better than I know myself. It's still a hard calling and it takes up oodles of my time, but I LOVE what I'm doing. This position has caused me countless nights of lost sleep and heartache for hurts I can't fix, but it's also caused me to stretch out of my comfort zone, grow spiritually, and I can now see it for the amazing blessing it is. I make a lot of mistake and I don't always know the right thing to say or do, but these girls are so wonderful and have managed to find a very special place in my heart! My life is so much more blessed because they are a part of it.
On a personl level I also feel like I've grown over the past 6 months. My prayers are longer and more heartfelt, my scripture study is more consistant and meaningful, I attend the temple more. Being able to watch these girls testimonies evolve has helped my own faith to grow.
I wish I could remember the exact quote, but I heard something once that was along the lines of "the Lord doesn't make calling to fit us, instead he helps us grow to fit our callings". I'm so grateful that the I've been trusted with this stewardship and I hope and pray I can be what the Lord wants me to be.
Now I need to catch up on some blogging!

1 comment:

  1. Shauna, you're right. It's life changing, eh? I know I had a testimony before being YW pres but I felt the gospel completely entrench in my heart and become who I really was. It was my hardest calling ever but I am so thankful for that time. Keep a journal!

    ReplyDelete