Friday, November 13, 2009

My Naughty Boy

Frustration!
Anger!
Irritation!
and occasionally......

A Laugh!

I see Blogs all the time where they have a weekly theme that they post on, such as things they are grateful for, or funny thing their kids said during the week. This morning during a moment of extreme annoyance a thought came to me......I could do a weekly post titled Naughty Things Tanner Did This Week. That little boy tries my patience! I think there's something to be said for the fact that I've discovered my first couple of gray hairs since he joined our family. There is no child-proofing preventative measures that he can't get past. I feel like I shouldn't even have to child-proof my house for a 4-year-old! I'd love to know what goes on in his head. Is it all just boredom? Curiosity? Here's just a sampling from the last 10 days......

1. Got into paint that one of Mike's co-workers left behind. Proceded to paint the trampoline and his and Caeden's new clothes.


2. Spilled Fun Dip on my fabric couch and instead of coming to get me to vaccum it off he tried to lick it up and made a huge blue stain.

3. Stood on the cat food bucket so he could reach the Bleach Pen up in my laundry room cabinet. Proceeded to ruin half of Caeden's school wardrobe.


4. Tried to feed Weston peanuts.

5. Crawled up on top of my dresser and snuck into my jewelry box. Took out my wedding ring and tried to run off with it hidden behind his back. To fully understand the seriousness of this crime I have to explain that this is wedding ring #2. Tanner ran off with my original ring and after it had been missing for 2 years Mike finally bought me a new one for Christmas last year.


6. Used the advantage point of the top bed of their new bunk bed to tie a bunch of toys to the ceiling fan and then turned it on. The ceiling fan now has one blade that hangs lower than the rest.

7. Ate a tube of toothpaste.


8. Kept playing with one of the lamps. Finally the lamp shade got close enough to the bulb that it started to melt.

9. Cut the sleeve off of one of his school shirts.


10. This infraction was a while ago, but we're just barely getting it resolved this week: threw a rock at a neighbors truck and chipped the paint. We finally found the name of an autobody shop that will do a patch job on the one chip and not want to just paint the whole entire panel (a painful $500s).

Today......

11. Started playing with his night-light (I just barely put in their bedroom to replace the destroyed lamp) and came downstairs screaming that he lit his room on fire. I ran up and the night-light as well as the plug socket are both charred black.

12. While I was trying to locate the fuse to shut off power in his bedroom until Mike can get home to fix the wiring he came downstairs to "play" with Weston. My blood pressure just about went through the roof when I walked down to see that he's wrapped the cords from his video games around Westons neck several times.


13. Put a washer on his finger and couldn't get it off......we discovered that butter really does work for that kind of thing.


....it's not even 10am yet.....!


And the occasional laugh....

14. Right now he's fixated with tape. Give him a roll of tape and it entertains him a full 30 min. (a very long time in Tanners world). I keep finding toys taped up all over the house. Hilarious!



I love this little stinker so much......and I need to remind myself of that daily!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I thought my morning was rough. You win!! Thus another reason I love you is your example of patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! thanks for the laughs shauna! It's great you have such a good attitude. Just think of all the things you could hang over his head when he's older- or all the stories you could embarrass him with in front of his dates! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh shauna! this post made me laugh right out loud at work! haha! too funny! I am going to laugh if he manages to be the most calm and collected teenager. Haha this post made my Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete