Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas decorations!

I love putting up my Christmas decorations! They have so many memories. Here are a few of my favorites.......
Mike and I were married in December. We did our wedding colors in burgandy and gold. My wonderful, amazingly talented step-mom put together most of the decorations for the reception. As a wedding gift she made us some ornaments that went along with our wedding colors to put on our first Christmas tree. We've added to them over the years and putting up our front room tree not only has wonderful Holiday memories, but we have the priviledge of wedding memories tied into it too. I wish I had the photographic skills that so many of my friends seem to posess. My little picture doesn't do it justice. It really is a beautiful tree.....glittery gold snowflakes, sparkly white lights, elegent balls and bow. I love it!

I adore Christmas villages. I always wanted one growing up. I bought my first house the first year we were married and I've collected one for every year since. Now that I have 10 houses I'm starting to run out of room, but I can't help myself.....I still go out on Black Friday every year and spend an obscene amount of time picking out the next perfect addition.

A few years ago my sister bought us this Advent Calendar. Can you get any cuter? Love it! Every day you pick out an ornament from the little wooden boxes surrounding the base and hang it on the wood tree. The boys love it as well and I have to keep an eagle eye out to make sure non of the ornaments "walk off". And then there's Christmas Tanner style.....

I never thought to hang ornaments on a bassinet....

or our woodburning stove.....and I found this little cozy Christmas scene set up inside of his pop-up pup tent...and I think the big black trantula posed on the Christmas house ready to pounce on the carolers added a classic touch....

No comments:

Post a Comment