Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Winter Time Fun

The holiday's are so busy and life gets so crazy I didn't ever get the opportunity to write about some fun winter activities that we did recently. Poor Weston was at the babysitter for a couple of these......no, we didn't just forget about him and leave him home by his lonesome!
For Mike and my anniversary we went to the Desert Star Theater and saw Nutcracker Men in Tights. Afterwards we went to The Melting Pot for dinner. YUM! It was a wonderful day! Kind of a funny story, but back in November I found a great deal on tickets to Disney on Ice. It wasn 't until after I'd already bought them that I took a closer look and realized that it was the Disney PRINCESSES on Ice. When we were walking in we kept passing all these little girls dressed up in princess costumes. Caeden was getting really worried, and Tanner was getting really excited (he loves Princesses.....something I'm sure his older brother is going to use as blackmail in his future). It actually ended up being a fantastic and fun show. They had just enough songs done by the male characters and funny sidekicks that it didn't seem too "girlie".

Another fun winter moment was when my niece and nephew Aubrey and Michael came to spend the day with our family. They're from WA and don't get much of an opportunity to play in the snow. Luck was shining down on us because it snowed that very day and we were able to take them sledding. My boys loved being able to play with them. They're both older than Caeden and Tanner, but they were so patient and good with them. We hadn't gotten the opportunity to see them for a couple of years so it was a special day for us.
My youngest niece, Shelby, was feeling shy and didn't come with us, we missed her, but we did get to visit with her and take pictures when we picked the other two up.

And finally.......

Christmas Fun!
A Christmas party with Mike's family....


I love this picture with all Weston's cousins gathered around him.

and Christmas morning pictures!



Mike got a bag of "coal" in his stocking.......he better straighten up for next year!
and this Christmas we had Grandma Bond staying with us....the boys loved that!

I didn't get any pictures, but on New Year's Eve we had some good friends over for our first annual NYE Fondue Night! We had a great time visiting, the kids all played, and the cheese and chocolate fondue turned out perfect! You know how sometimes you do something for the fun of it and it just clicks? Right away you realize you have a new family tradition on your hands. I adore family traditions!

1 comment:

  1. I went to the Disney Princesses on Ice too!! It was so fun! Even for a not-so-little-kid like me! :) Im glad you guys had fun!! Happy Anniversary too!! :) P.s. I had Tanner in my class on Sunday...he is soooo reverent and so fun to have in class!

    ReplyDelete