Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Merry Christmas to Me!

When we were done unwrapping the gifts under the tree Mike gave me my annual Christmas letter. It's a beautiful love-note and I get one every year ..... it's the highlight of my holiday! This year he ended it by saying "I want you to love your smile as much as I do, for Christmas you can go get your teeth fixed." I started to cry.

I've never liked my smile. It's hard to even find a high school picture of me smiling when my teeth are showing (case in point.....profile picture on the right). I've always had a gap and my front teeth are bigger than the rest. It's like I had a pair of rabbit incisors in the middle of my face.



I've had people tell me they don't think it's that bad, but for some reason I've always had a complex about it. I always thought I needed braces to fix the problem. Well, with as much as braces cost that's just not been an option. My dentist happens to also specialize in cosmetic procedures and at my last check-up he happened to mention that my front teeth could easily be fixed in under an hour. The price was fantastic when compared to braces, but it was still out of our budget at the time. Now, thanks to my wonderful and understanding husband this is my new smile......

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you Shauna! Beautiful!! Cudo's to Mike for this gift to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete