Thursday, April 1, 2010

Just Foolin' Around

I told the boys that tonight we were going to have CAKE for dinner. They were stoked. I was the coolest mom EVER!!!

APRIL FOOLS!


It's meatloaf "frosted" with mashed potatoes with dabs of ketchup and mustard. They thought it was hilarious.

I also made the boys eat their dinner with silly utensils.


I told them that since we had cake for dinner we were going to have grilled cheese sandwiches and peas for dessert. What? For real? Bummer!


It's taffy the I softned and rolled into "peas" and browned pound cake with colored frosting in the middle.

Too much fun!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...what a great idea. I am going to have to remember that next year. Okay well, will you remind me? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the meatloaf/potatoes for dinner, but made mine into cupcakes. My 3 year old was SO disappointed when the frosting was really potatoes! I loved your idea for the grilled cheese! I didn't see anything like that on any of the sites I looked at. You should submit that idea to Family Fun or something! Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is the cutest idea ever! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always do the cutest things! You're a fabulous fun mom. Your boys are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete