Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Poem

I have an amazing little sister who is a very talented writer (my older sister is too, what's up with that? I guess it skipped one). She's been going to grief therapy since my brother died and her Dr. suggested she use the outlet of poetry to express her feelings, she's written several, but this one is my favorite so far. She posted it on her blog just yesterday and I just had to share.



Writing Poetry Therapy


When tears are not enough to ease the pain

When the heart seems full of agony and grief

When the mind cannot accept the reality

When death is the final word that was spoken


Remembering the happy times, the memories

Remembering the smiles and the laughter

Remembering the times together, just talking

Remembering the last time I heard your voice


Knowing my love for you was not enough

Knowing that I would have been a call away

Knowing that many good times were ahead

Knowing that you chose another path instead


Sometimes you have to accept the last choice

Sometimes you have to know it was an answer

Sometimes you have to believe it was for love

Sometimes you have to say goodbye too early


No comments:

Post a Comment