Thursday, August 26, 2010

Curtis Famiy Reunion 2010

Mike has this huge awesome tight-knit extended family. They still get together for reunions every year. I love it. My extended family has never been that close. There's a couple of them I see at Christmas, but I have cousins out there that I've never even met. The Curtis family just grows and grows, but no matter who "joins" they just extend their arms and envelope you right into the clan like you've always been a member. This year we went up to Indian Creek. It was a beautiful campsite high up above Joe's Valley. It was a long drive, but it was worth it.

The annual talent show/auction. Sadly some of us don't posses enough talent to participate, but we enjoy watching those who do have it. This isn't even half the group.....
One of my best memories from this year's trip was going out for a 4 mile run by myself. I don't get the opportunity to trail run very much, but I love it. It's so peaceful to be out there running through the beautiful scenery. My heart just swells with gratitude for this amazing place we live in. I was out running and I happened to look back in the trees and see something.....later I took the cousins out there to show them. It was a tepee made of sticks!






Where is this baby's mother? Would somebody please feed him? The poor child is eating bark for heaven's sake....bark!



Mike's sister Mellinda...

More cute boys....





Some wonderful person brought up pinatas for the kids to break. They had a blast!



Tanner had such a swing on him! He was in the younger age group and he was the only from that group who could make a dent in the pinata without parental help. I wasn't suprised at all....he's an expert at breaking things!

We took a short drive up to Potter's Ponds to canoe and fish.


Seriously! Where is this baby's mother? Every picture of him he's putting something dirty in his mouth!

Mike took Caeden out for some one-on-one fishing time and Caeden caught an Albino Trout. He was so excited! His daddy caught a rainbow trout, but Caeden kept saying that the Albino's were the hardest fish of all to catch. I wish I would have got a picture. It was a pretty big moment for him.
I think they might have had TOO MUCH FUN! It sure made for a nice drive home though.

No comments:

Post a Comment