Friday, August 27, 2010

Summer Group Part 1

Over the summer I decided to do a Summer Fun Activity Group. Each Wed. we picked a different fun thing to go do with all the kids. We had such a good time and it got my kiddos out of the house. I left it open to whoever wanted to come so we ended up having a different group of people at almost every activity. We tried to keep things as inexpensive as possible and it worked out great. Most activities didn't cost a thing except a sack lunch and we carpooled to save on gas. I had a huge list of things to do, but we didn't get to all of them so I'm tucking it away and saving some for next Summer. Doing these activities really gave me appreciation for this great area we live in. There is so much to do around here! Aside from our Wednesday activities we also went over to the Summer Days Dollar Movies on Tuesdays. Top that off with going camping almost every weekend and it made for one crazy-busy-fun-filled summer break! No wonder my kids didn't want to go back to school!

For our first activity we toured the Sweet's candy factory. It's a lot of fun for both adults and kids. It's interesting to actually watch the candy being made. You know how they clean the chocolate coating machines? With chocolate. They can't use water because if any is left in the machine the chocolate will seize up so they heat up a batch of chocolate to really high temps and "scour" the machine with it.....pretty cool. My boys and I had done it once before and they always wanted to go back. The best part would be all the free samples they hand out along the way.

I had to get a picture of all of us in our stylin' hair caps. Look at that group of boys! It was complete coincidence, but the only mom's that came on this activity were all-boy moms. After dragging 9 rowdy boys through the factory I'm suprised we left it still standing!

No comments:

Post a Comment