Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Weekend of Bliss!

This is one of those "catch-up" posts I warned about. We actually took this trip in June, but our summer has been so busy and so packed with fun stuff I didn't get most of it blogged. My wonderful younger sister took our 3 boys for a whole weekend and Mike and I got to go on a trip just the two of us. We went up to Causey Reservoir (love it there!). There's nothing more romantic than paddling across a lake in the twilight. It's so peaceful and quite. The fish jump, the night sounds are beautiful, the stars are amazing!

We were so wrapped up in being with each other that we didn't take very many pics, but the day we were headed home we decided to go on a "short" 6 mile hike up to Mt. Lewis Peak. I used to hike it growing up and I hadn't been up there in years. It wasn't too long before we realized that it was 6 miles up and 6 miles back....not 6 miles round-trip. We're in pretty decent shape right now (not trying to brag) so the distance wasn't a problem, we even ran quite a bit of it, but we got back lots later than we had planned (we also hadn't packed a lunch! I was soooo hungry!)

This view was worth the 12 miles!
Mike said I had to get a picture of the canoe strapped to the vehicle to prove that we did in fact canoe. I love having pictures from my trips, but I also don't always mind when we're having too much FUN to take many pictures!


I love having time to reconnect as a couple. We come back feeling like newlyweds. We hold hands more, tease each other, flirt, laugh, and remember how much we love each other. I'm already thinking of trip ideas for next year. Shhh! I might be planning a suprise that has to do with:

1- a labyrinth

2- complete isolation

3- and a guide book by Thomas G. Rampton

No comments:

Post a Comment