Thursday, August 26, 2010

GNO!

I don't know if you've ever been to the Cake Wrecks blog, but it is hee-lar-ious!

In her own words (her being the famous Jen, of course):

"A Cake Wreck is any cake that is unintentionally sad, silly, creepy, inappropriate - you name it! A Wreck is not necessarily a poorly made cake; it's simply one I find funny, for any number of reasons. Anyone who has ever smeared frosting on a baked good has made a Wreck at one time or another, so I'm not here to vilify decorators: Cake Wrecks is just about finding the funny in unexpected sugar-filled places."


Who would have thought that a blog about funky cakes could be so amusing? When I heard that they were coming here for a book signing I was determined to go.


It was awesome! They do a side-splittingly-funny slide show and people bring little mini replicas of the Wrecks from their website. My mom and sister joined me, so we had a night of laughter, girlie fun, and free cake.

Cake!

It doesn't get better than that.

This is one of my all-time favorite Wrecks from the blog. The "Poop Dog"....

This cupcake sized replica was made by my sister's friend. It's the "No Sexual Harrassment Cake" from the blog. Ha ha ha.


Yes, I did buy the book. Jen asked me what I'd like her to write when she signed it, I said "Just whatever. I'm easy." This is what I got......

If you know the cake that started it all this makes perfect sense......


No comments:

Post a Comment